PRODUCT REVIEW: GOLD BOND Ultimate Strength & Resilience Lotion

While I've been familiar with the Gold Bond line of products for a long time I've never actually used them. Pinch Me provided an opportunity to try not just one Gold Bond item but two! Before I go any further I have to admit I'm sorta kinda a lotion snob. I want something that is super moisturizing due to dry skin and excezma. I want something that smells good though not heavily perfumed. I want something that absorbs fast but doesn't leave a greasy feeling residue on my skin. I want a lot. Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Lotion delivered on a few of these and missed on a few as well.

We'll start with what I liked. I appreciated that the lotion was scentless, though I do like my scents as well.  I loved the way it left my skin feeling very moisturized and smooth; not the normal rough or papery I typically feel. I loved that it absorbed fast. Super fast, like while I was still rubbing it in fast. On those points the Ultimate Strength & Resilience lotion was a hit.

However, the product packaging says it's non-greasy. For me it really wasn't. Perhaps I'm just over sensitive to the idea of what 'greasy' is when it comes to lotion. I felt like there was still moisture on my hands after applying. They were too 'slick' after the lotion had absorbed in and that is not a sensation I like and I really don't want it in my lotion. I applied a bit as I sat down to write this review. I find my hands and fingers feeling slick while they move across the computer and keyboard.

All in all Gold Bond did really well with the Ultimate Strength & Resilience lotion if you go point for point on what I want in a lotion. However, I'm not completely sold only because the greasy after feel is a huge miss for me. Everything else was great though. For many people it would probably be a non-issue and it really is a great lotion that offers amazing moisturizing. I'm just extra sensitive to the feeling it leaves behind and it leaves me with mixed feelings as far as future lotion purchasing decisions.


I did receive this item as a free trial from Pinch Me and any opinions shared in this review are my own.

No comments