RECIPE: Apple Cream Pie

So, yesterday, if you were paying attention, my review of 'The Seekers' by Wanda E. Brunstetter went live.  All the recipes in the book were included for the reader.  Off all the recipes this was the only one I would and/or could eat.  So of course I had to make it.  Since I have amazing neighbors I took some for myself and sent the rest next door.  I mean seriously, I don't need a whole pie to myself.  Want?  Of course!  Need.  No way!

Ingredients:
3 cups apples, finely chopped (I used Granny Smith because well, Granny Smith!)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 rounded Tablespoon flour
1 cup cream
1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell

Directions:
Preheat over to 450 degrees.  Mix apples, brown sugar, salt, flour, and cream.
Put in unbaked pastry shell.  Bake 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 325 degrees for an additional 30 to 40 minutes.  When pie is about halfway done, take a knife and push top apples down to soften.
Halfway Done!  And blurry since well, phone pictures and I aren't besties!
After pie cools, store in refrigerator.

Don't make my mistake!  I totally didn't read the 'rounded' part of the recipe correctly and put a level Tablespoon of flour.  I'm pretty certain, almost positive, that this is the reason my filling didn't set up like it should have.  It was yummy and surprisingly I didn't miss the cinnamon and/or nutmeg at all.  But it was more apple cream soup in a pie shell.  Though not near as bad as when I made cream of broccoli cheese foam (I'll tell you that story another day, don't worry!) Don't make my mistake!

No comments